Since launching in September 2004, KDRT 95.7 FM has had tremendous impact on the Davis community
and beyond. The first Low-power FM (LPFM) station to be launched within a public access television center, KDRT has since advised numerous LPFM startups.
- Since Fall of 2004, over 70 community volunteers trained in radio production, ranging from 8 to 80 years old. Studio built for special accessibility by wheelchair.
- Between January 2005 and April 2007, over 693 locally produced public affairs shows were broadcast. On those shows, over 400 included studio guests ranging from Mayors, UC Davis Chancellors, 3 different bestselling authors, a Colonel in the US Air Force, City Managers, City Council candidates, world-renowned scientists, filmmakers such as Deborah Koons Garcia, artists and performers such as Terry Riley, and many local heroes ranging from homeless activists to dance team captains.
- Since 2005, approximately 40 local businesses have contributed as underwriters
- Broadcast live at community events ranging from the Whole Earth Festival to Fourth of July
- Organized and hosted the 2005 “LPFM Radio Roundup,” a gathering of over 90 LPFM radio staff and volunteers from three states, held on the UC Davis campus. The first "independent LPFM conference."
- Planning to broadcast summer Town Hall Meeting with Congressional Representative
- City of Davis - Emergency Alert system partner with the City of Davis’ to provide EAS
- City of Davis – Street Smarts - Ongoing media sponsor – air traffic safety PSAs
- Davis Downtown Business Association
Recorded DDBA podcast, highlighting local points of interest for the DDBA website
Sponsored fall and spring concert series at the E Street Plaza, recording & broadcasting local bands
- Davis Food Coop
Broadcast the Coop’s 2006 Annual meeting live from Central Park
- Community Employment Services. Trained clients to be successful radio programmers.
Local Election Coverage
- Voter Education Programming. With Davis Community Television, City Channel 16, Davis Community Network and the Yolo County Elections office, partnered to air hundreds of hours of local election interviews, candidate statements, forums and League of Women Voters programming.
- Live Local Election Night Broadcast
- Grassroots Radio Coalition
- National Federation of Community Broadcasters
- Pacifica Radio
- Prometheus Radio Project
Affiliations Through Davis Media Access:
- Alliance for Community Media
- Davis Chamber of Commerce
- National Alliance of Media Arts Centers
- Soroptimist International of Davis
Awards & Other Recognition
- City of Davis, Thong Hy Huynh Award, 2006, honoring Excellence in Community Involvement
- Prometheus Radio Project, Radio Automation manual, grant, 2007
- More than 75 press mentions since 2004 – locally, regionally & nationally